Come one, Come all!! This group is for anybody who loves Animal photography in any form
Since now this group is getting a lot more members we have decided to put a global deviation limit of 2 submissions per week.
When you submit our quality standard should be respected as well.
You should probably expect the quality control to be somewhat above average. So try and submit your best
Your photo ought to be:
- Not blurry (motion blur, or camera shakes)
- Proper focus (and of course the focus should be on the main motive of the photo ) Also we're a group who's really big on the eyes, so that's often were your focus should be
- Low noise (We rarely accept photos with high ISO noise or those that are grainy)
- Somewhat sharp
- We'd like it to have some kind of artistic value as well (you can write a short explanation in the description about your thought of the photo. A well thought photo, is often a lot more interesting than a random snapshot)
- Also, If you have the Deviant Art watermark you will most likely get declined depending on how distracting it is in the photo.
- Make sure you submit your deviations into the correct category or they will be declined.
- Deviations with selective coloring are usually declined as well.
No humans in the photos EDIT: we have changed this rule to allow minor human parts as for example hands, though it's to be said that the animal is of course to be in focus. If you've had your deviation declined because of humans in them, feel free to resubmit.
- Only living animals in the pictures and not statues, toys, teddy bears ect.
- We're going to be strict with the pet animal pictures, since we get a lot of those. So there we are looking for some really interesting photos in those folders
But if in doubt, don't leave it out!
Remember you can always ask for a reason/critique on why it was declined in the submission log, but really, please do it in the comments in the submission log. Reason requests on the front page or through notes will be hidden and ignored.
Other than that, keep trying and keep improving!
If you have an idea for a new folder that you would like to see in our gallery, just note us, and we will consider (and most likely add it )
If anyone has a contest or anything you'd like us to feature just send us a note and we will see to it